Thursday, February 25, 2010

What is a good color to paint the walls of a home office?

Pink! =)What is a good color to paint the walls of a home office?
I recently did my whole house.Since my kitchen is open I needed the colors to flow into the dining area and living rm.I used a nice chamomile yellow in kitchen with 2 walls accented in a nice rich mocha beige. I extended the yellow in dining area also and painted the north and south walls with a rich Terra cot ta and the wall above the fireplace too.Stay away from true reds go with more of a Chianti red or wine color for accents.Greens can be fun if you stay in the cool zone with them and don't go to dark,add with a rich light brown.I did this combo in my office/ den,It's very inviting and soothing.Good luck.I went to a expensive paint-designer studio for the paint swatches,collected several in the shades I liked,make sure you have natural light coming in the room because what may seem lite on swatch will look darker when held up on wall.You can also buy small test colors to try.Then go to Home Depot or Lowe's and they can mix the color you want for a fraction of the cost of the designer store.I'm just thrilled with the results .My friends love the results and say It's so inviting and cozy.What is a good color to paint the walls of a home office?
well it depends upon many things like-


1.kind of business


2.color of furniture


3.personal taste etc.


so if u have an ad agency or anything like that then you can experiment by using different color schemes even the darkest ones but if your business is like accountant,lawyer or any other serious business then go for lighter shades like pale yellow,light blue,turquise,white etc.but dnt forget it to match it with your furnishings........
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





Take a look at a color called ';turkish coffee'; (# 6076). I think it would make your home office very professional looking - as though you're in a library. If you think that's too dark, then maybe a light gray like ';crushed ice'; (# 7647).
I think you have to match your wall color with the furnishings of your home office, and what kind of business you do with your home office. Personally, I like strong colours such as very contrast strong blue, red, strong yellow, pink.......on the borderline, but will like it much later. And very gentle, honest and give without taking....green. I hate brown, never ever will see it again!
I like deep reds or olives or just a neutral tan or mocha.





Also, a theme that I LOVE for home offices is maps. The old world tan colored maps. I have a globe in my office and would like to add a map canvas painting one day. Hobby Lobby has lots of accessories that would look great in a home office and are inexpensive.
it depends on the type of business and gender that you have,


If you are into the fashion business , I would go with bright colours,but if I find it too difficult answering this question unless you give me more info .
Taupe or muted sage green. Something calm and even. A very soft muted butter yellow would be soothing, happy and perky.
I would go with taupe, it's very professional looking
a nuetral that will look good with wooden desks and chairs. tan, olive green, and deep red
~~real answer~~ I like Thyme Green.





~~stoopid answer~~ Camo. Business is war, man!!
Taupe
What ever color floats your boat!!!
mint green,,,,,





coz its cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment