Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is it safe to paint my apartment while my kids are home (in another room)?

Just wondering if it could be bad for them to breathe in any fumes. The room will be properly ventilated.


My kids are 2, 5 and 6 years old.Is it safe to paint my apartment while my kids are home (in another room)?
You can get zero VOC paints that are odorless. The only one I have used is Benjamin Moore Eco Spec. This paint is so safe that it is used in nursing homes and hospitals where fumes could cause serious problems. The only negative with this paint is if the temperature is warmer than about 70 degrees it dries very fast. You will want to turn the thermostat down to 55-60 or work very quickly to avoid problems.Is it safe to paint my apartment while my kids are home (in another room)?
Latex or enamel. My 5 year old grandson actually helped paint his room. We used latex, a water based paint. I wouldn't recommend using enamel paint around the kids.
It will be fine, just open window if its not too cold out, get an air cleaner, and it will be better air for all of you to breathe!
as long as you use a latex, I've never had a problem!





including 4 kids
ya its fine just dont hv them breath in the air. it might b better if the 2yr old isnt near. but dont let them breath it in
yes no problems with water based paints.. no urethane or oil based paints.
latex paint is fine.....open some windows...
Make sure that you use latex paint.
i dont think so.
it definitly isnt healthy! i wouldnt take the risk of those kids at such a young age. it is ok if they are in a seperate room sleeping and the door is closed though
Yes Just As Long As it is not Spray Paint but water based products should be o.k.
as long as its not oil latex..its fine...

No comments:

Post a Comment