Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What is a good color to paint the entry way of a home my husband doesn't want any dark colors and I'm really

stumped.thanks in advance.What is a good color to paint the entry way of a home my husband doesn't want any dark colors and I'm really
I painted my entry way in an older house I lived in ';Moonglow'; and I loved it. I got it from Wal-Mart.





My husband doesn't want to paint our rooms darker colors either. We recently bought another house and our bedroom is painted a maroon, or maybe bole or even dark russet, anyway, it's a dark color. The floors are wood, the ceiling is white and the former owners used a cashmere cream demask border and had matching drapes made. It's lovely and I was afraid he'd want to change it, but he loves it. The ceiling, drapes, and border brighten the room up.What is a good color to paint the entry way of a home my husband doesn't want any dark colors and I'm really
I personally like light tan, or tan. Its not too shocking and very natural.
tan, beige or almond
Warm inviting color I would go with green tones, lighter


ones, alot depends too on what color is the rooms off


the entry way? Look for colors in the warm tones,
light yellow or green.
red with golden cream adccents or the other way round


it's warm and welcoming and there are so many shades of red you're sure to find one you both agree on
Choose a color you like, and paint it. He may find out that he likes it. If he hates it, you can re-paint it. It's only paint!
warm, living colors, not to brighten up the space so much as to invite everyone in.


sunny color; lemony, daffodil


cheerful color; oranges, new leaf greens


warming; pastel pinks, lavenders





you can mix these with wall color and rugs, pictures and moldings.


light fixtures are so diverse, oodles to consider


if you have windows in the door, consider window films, instead of blinds or curtains.
pink
My wife and I painted our entryway a very vivid bright yellow.





The results are stunning! I tiled the floor with black Galaxy granite and did the base boards, stairs and door in a beige, and the whole effect is great.





The yellow makes it look like the sun is shining whenever there's even a bit of light in that area, so if you want a bright sunny look, then a bright yellow works great.





I hope this helps.
Try a light buttery yellow. Very cheerful. Just be careful not to get the yellow too intense...it will be harsh on the eye.





You may want to check out paint company websites...they tell the mood a particular color conveys. I found them very helpful, especially if you are using more than one color.
Muted pastels
I know how you feel. I wanted something from the darker side of the palette, while my DH wanted a light color. We ended up compromising and used a khaki (darker khaki) color for our foyer. It came out really nice, has a warm feeling, and isn't too bright. I was torn between that and a sage color. I hope you find what you are looking for. :)
Light beige/tan. You can't go wrong with those colors. They are warm, inviting and easy on the eyes. Plus they can compliment almost any decor.
It depends on your color sceme. What colors do you have in your house. You don't want to paint it with a color that will clash.
rust orange, yellow, any shade of green or pale white, light brown is always pretty. Or put up pretty wallpaper on the bottom half, a chair rail, and then a matching color on top. Good Luck.
red
If he doesn't want a dark color, you could go for a rich one. I have a Pittsburgh Paints color named Lion's Mane on my walls. It's kind of yellow, but not pastel or sickening. It's a deep color, but isn't dark.





For the entryway, that would make a very nice warm impression. If you have brass accents, it's even nicer. I have rust colored lightswitches and a carpet that brings that out. Good luck.
what color is the rest of the house? if the house is like off white you could do a pastel yellow/blue or green. my grams house is off white with a lite green porch, parents beige house with like a dark green trim and a brown front door, a little darker than you would like i bet. i say go with something pastel-like
how about a buttery yellow color?
Go to the local paint store and ask to see some paint samples. Maybe something will strike your fancy.





Since it is the entry way, why don't you consider picking up one of the colors of something you see from the entryway.... like the color of the living room rug ... maybe in a lighter version ... also, would you like a nice wallpaper?


They are interesting .. and there is a lot to choose from. Ask your husband





Also, you might combine paint and a wallpaper border which might be very attractive.
off white
I would go with a natural color like, beige, light Grey, or a light blue.
Green for health and growth, Blue for love, and Yellow for joy.
I had the paint guy mix up a pastel of purple and everyone says it is white..if you put blue against it the purple shows up...I love it cause only intelligent people and me know the difference!
tan vanilla or mushroom cap is in as a popular colour
A nice pale green .. is warming.. or maybe a hint of yellow... or there are about 400 different shades of white that you can look at .. homedepot.com
I will paint my hall way fig. It's really a nice color.. but it may be on the darker side.
Try an apricot, or an inviting shade of blue.
Definately an off white, pale yellow or pale green....those are the best light colors for an enterance way...believe me, you wont be disappointed

No comments:

Post a Comment