Thursday, February 25, 2010

How to paint vinal siding on a home?

I would like to paint my vinal siding on my home because rite now i can not afford to re - vinal my hole home at this time ... WHAT IS THE BEST PAINT FOR VINAL SIDING ... do i need primer as well before i start painting i live in MICHIGAN i do not want to paint my soffits how do i cover them so paint wont splash up on my soffitsHow to paint vinal siding on a home?
I would wash the house with a brush on a long handle dipped in a very mild soap solution, then hose if off good so no soap remains.





Begin with latex primer, thinned a little with water. Buy the best paint products you can find. Quality is important. The second coat should be latex exterior. Try to find some with UV protection in it if you can, so the sun won't fade it so fast. Choose a lilght color so the sun won't heat it up and shorten it's life. I prefer semi-gloss. It will give the house a beautiful sheen. High gloss shows the flaws too much, and flat paint detriorates much faster.How to paint vinal siding on a home?
the point of vinyl siding is that its maintenance free. painting it becomes a maintenance issue. i wold contact a reputable pressure washing co. in your area. they will be able to clean the existing siding and apply a spray on solution that will bring it back to life and make it look new again. i have done this on several of my properties with great results.
here is a place where your question can be answered.


http://www.askthebuilder.com/427_Paintin鈥?/a>





You can also go in to your local paint store and usually find knowledgeable people who can answer you questions.


I did a quick search at. google.com using key word (paint vinyl siding how to)
You can use Zinsser exterior perma white (tintable) and apply over vinyl after it is properly cleaned.
  • computer security
  • 1 comment:

    1. Great Article. Appreciate for sharing, looking forward to read more.
      home write for us

      ReplyDelete