Thursday, February 25, 2010

I am going to paint the interior walls of my home. The trim is all stained, should I paint the trim?

The trim is stained a lovely dark stain will that look ok with the walls painted taupe?I am going to paint the interior walls of my home. The trim is all stained, should I paint the trim?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. if your concerned buy a small sample can of the paint and bring paint some small areas close to the trim to get a feel for a week if you like it or not. Old stained trim really adds a great charector to homes, if you like it, make every effort to keep it. Good luck :)I am going to paint the interior walls of my home. The trim is all stained, should I paint the trim?
I wouldn't unless you are trying to lighten up the look. Besides it not as straight forward as you might think to paint over them. Talk to someone at a paint store before you do it.
Personally I like the wood trim.It brings out the natural beauty.
If the trim is stained dark wood, don't paint it! You may change the wall colour someday and wish you hadn't done the trim! Dark stained wood trim would work with just about any colour--so leave yourself some future options. I've always left my trim %26amp; bannisters %26amp; baseboard coving alone, no matter what colours I might fling up there on the walls. Same with any crown molding [the wood trim bit where the walls and ceiling joins] if that's stained wood too.
i think it would look better painted white
if you like it stained like it is and it looks good then leave it...I love stained trim...it is just so authentic
In my opinion you should not paint the trim and the dark color will look great with the taupe walls.





It would be a lot of work to properly prepair,prime and enamel the wood and next to imposable to go back to natural.





Stained wood is easy to maintain and in my book,looks better than painted wood
Keep the trim! It almost always looks better than paint.


Naural dark stain should be fantastic with taupe.


[ Get some sample paint at the store, paint a piece of posterboard, and see how they look in different lights. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment