Thursday, February 25, 2010

Has anyone used milk paint or other non-toxic paint on their walls at home? How was it?

I'm looking for a non-toxic paint to paint my walls at home. I've found something called Milk Paint but I'm not sure how well it applies. If you've tried, it please let me know how well it applied and if it applies similar to regular paint. I don't mind a faux finished look - in fact, I wanted to do at least some of my walls with a sponge look or something like that. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.Has anyone used milk paint or other non-toxic paint on their walls at home? How was it?
I've used ICI/Glidden Lifemaster 2000 paint to do an entire house, and it rocks. You get a very watercolor-like look from it - much more lively than a standard latex. Works just like standard paint as far as application, cleanup, storage, etc. Color range is great.





It is not a casein (milk-base) paint, but a modified latex formulation. It contains *no* VOCs. It has a faint vinegarish smell while wet; we didn't have any trouble with it at all. I can't recommend it highly enough. If I had to paint again, it's definitely what I'd use.Has anyone used milk paint or other non-toxic paint on their walls at home? How was it?
I鈥檝e used milk paint refinishing old furniture, on new furniture, walls, base cabinets. It has an artsy look that latex can鈥檛 match. And it doesn鈥檛 smell. Look at the chemical list in latex paint, even those zero voc. Go into a hundred year old house it probably was painted with milk paint.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment