Saturday, February 27, 2010

Home Remedy for removing old paint from old door?

I have an old door that has at least 3 layers of paint on it. I used TSP to remove MOST of the paint and now I am down to last couple of layers before door. I want to remove without scrubbing or damaging wood so I can stain the door.





Now - THE BIG QUESTION - does anyone know of any kitchen products that will cause paint to bubble up so it will come off easier. For example - vinegar, vanilla, etc. Not looking for paint thinners or chemicals. Something you can find in your house.Home Remedy for removing old paint from old door?
i had an accident and cleared ALL the finish off the hardwood floor. i spilled a bottle of jamacian rum. your best bet for removing this paint without chemicals is with a hot air paint stripper...blows super hot air ..melts the paint...drys imediatly..you will need a scrapper, wire brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment