Saturday, February 27, 2010

What color should I paint the front entry door of my long red brick ranch style home with white trim?

The house sits far from road,has gray cement side walk. We have landscaping all around the house,mostly greens with some bright yellow.What color should I paint the front entry door of my long red brick ranch style home with white trim?
Benni-Moore has a great on-line color viewer to get the shades just the way you want and can give you some idea of what colors might go well with your home's exterior. In fact, you can even upload a picture of the front of your house and then play with the colors of the front door right on the screen.





Here is the link to the BM Color viewer http://www.coloradofauxpainting.com/faux鈥?/a> then click on the Benni-Moore link.





For more tips on decorating or faux finishing, visit http://www.coloradofauxpainting.comWhat color should I paint the front entry door of my long red brick ranch style home with white trim?
If the trim of the house is white i would paint the door the same. Do you have windows in the front and what is the trim around them? Use that color and will all tie in together.
I would paint the door white to match the trim. It will help give the house a more traditional and elegant appearance, and will really make the colour of the surrounding flowers stand out.
Make it a eye catching green or daffodil yellow would be a statement.Sounds gorgeous.
Black.
Red. Make it POP!
Black.


Look at other peoples house when driving or go to a new upscale sub division for new ideas.
I would say a khaki color or even an olive/khaki
I'd paint it a nice soft yellow.
I'd go with a neutral black or grey, or possibly white to match your white trim. There are many varieties of red brick and depending on the shade, a colourful door in yellow or green could clash quite badly.
A Tuscan yellow or olive green.

No comments:

Post a Comment