Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How much should I expect to pay to have some paint several interior rooms at my home?

I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago in a small (1000 SQ FT) ranch house. I need one bedroom, one half bath, a very small kitchen, dining room, living room and hallway painted. The dining room and kitchen have wallpaper that will need to be removed first. The living room and half bath have border at the ceiling to remove. The ceilings are standard height, which I think is 8 feet. There would be no doors, windows or trim to paint, they are all finished wood. Measurements would be about 14 x 22 for the LR, 12 x 12 for the DR, 8 x 8 for the kitch, 14 x 16 for the BR and 5 x 4 for the 1/2 bath. Average holes to fill, nothing unusual, drywall not plaster, 30 year old home. Did I cover everything? I just don't have any idea at all how much something like this should cost and I need a place to start for my budget. Thanks for any help you can provide!How much should I expect to pay to have some paint several interior rooms at my home?
I am a professional painting contractor in MI... my hourly cost is 30-35/ hr.non union...(I don't feel like doing a full est. for you, cuz I live too far away to do the job anyway) off the top of my head estimate about 100.00 per area. the smaller areas will (cost wise) make up the difference for the larger areas. It also depends if you will need one or two coats to cover the walls for the true color. Striping wallpaper has always been a dilemma for me cuz it very much depends if the walls were prepped right before the paper was put up....I charge by the hr to strip paper, it may come off easily or in iddy bitty pieces....don't be afraid to get plenty of est. and check their reputation!!....and one more thing..will you be comfortable with them in your home doing work if your not there ?How much should I expect to pay to have some paint several interior rooms at my home?
JUST DEPENDS ON UNION OR NON UNION. THE NON AROUND HERE IS 10 TO 15 AN HOUR. DOESN'T TAKE A PRO VERY LONG TO DO YOUR ROOMS. I KNOW THINGS COST MORE IN CHICAGO. JUST GET SOME ESTIMATES.
A couple of years ago I was responsible for getting my mothers house painted. I was amazed at the difference in prices quoted for the same job. It went from $300 to $1800 so you need to get a few estimates first. Call some painters and ask them. Many will come to take a look at the job (which is more professional) and wont' charge for it. (the estimate)
  • computer security
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment